Table of Contents
1. Information We Collect and How We May Use It
A. Personally Identifiable Information
B. When you Register for a Program
C. When You Participate in Arithmetic Solutions’ online sessions and other personalized Programs
D. Non-Personal Information
F. Web Beacons
G. Do Not Track Signals
H. Children Under 13
I. Mobile Device Information
2. Disclose of Information We Collect
A. Corporation Family, Franchisees and Affiliates
B. When You Register for a Program
C. When You and Your Student Participate in Arithmetic Solutions Online
D. Service Providers
E. Business Transactions Involving Arithmetic Solutions
F. Aggregate Information
G. Other Disclosures
4. Your Choices
5. Links to Other Sites
6. Your California Privacy Rights
7. Implied Consent Under CASL
8. International Users
9. Changes to Policy
10. Contact Us
11. CASL Contact Information
Arithmetic Solutions, LLC is a California limited liability company with its principal place of business at 3651 S. La Brea Avenue, Unit #619, Los Angeles, CA 90016 USA (“Arithmetic Solutions”) and is the owner and operator of www.arithmeticsolutions.com and other websites, mobile applications and other distribution channels Arithmetic Solutions designates from time to time (collectively, “Sites”). Arithmetic Solutions is committed to protecting the online privacy of visitors to the Sites.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Sites, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
1. Information We Collect and How We May Use It
A. Personally Identifiable Information – At various locations on the Sites, such as areas where you may request information (including technical or customer support) and/or sign up for newsletters updates, events and promotions, you may provide us personally identifiable information such as name, mailing address, telephone number or email address. If you choose to give us personally identifiable information through the Sites, we will collect and retain that personally identifiable information.
By submitting a web form to Arithmetic Solutions, you consent to receive autodialed calls and SMS text messages from Arithmetic Solutions at the telephone number provided; your consent is not a condition of purchase.
You may opt out of these communications at any time. See Your Choices for instructions.
In addition, we, our affiliates, and our franchisees may use your personally identifiable information to:
– respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us and provide customer service;
– personalize and enhance your visits to the Sites;
– deliver services you request or purchase via the Sites, where available; and
B. When You Register for a Program – For your convenience and in our discretion from time to time, the Sites may make it possible for you to register your student for educational programs to be delivered at the participating Arithmetic Solutions session of your choice. To register via the Sites, you must create an account and provide financial information such as credit card number and type, billing address, and expiration date, in addition to personally identifiable information such as name, billing address, telephone number, email, and the name of the student you are registering. Currently this information is provided to and collected by our third party payment processor. If you register for a program, we collect your student’s gender and grade level in school. Your financial information and your student’s name are used:
- to complete your student’s registration in the program(s) you select;
- to create a unique account for you and to administer it;
- for billing purposes; and
- to contact you if we have questions about your payment.
To learn more about Arithmetic Solutions, contact an Arithmetic Solutions representative using our e-mail address or toll free telephone number.
- deliver tutoring services to you or your student;
- administer Site features such as challenges and quests;
- manage content delivery; and
- personalize your and your student’s experience with the Sites.
D. Non-Personal Information– When you use the Sites, we may also collect non-personal information, which we define as information that cannot be used by itself to identify you personally. Non-personal information includes, but is not limited to, technical information (such as your IP address, the type of browser you are using, and the websites you visit immediately before and immediately after you visit the Sites) and demographic information (your age, gender, income, education, profession, area code, zip code, etc.). Non-personal information also includes, without limitation, other anonymous data involving your use of the Sites, such as the Sites you visit and the terms you enter into the search or select functions of the Sites. We or our service providers may collect this information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, Web server logs, and Web beacons.
E. Cookies– We use “cookies” to store information and enhance your visits to the Sites. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not store personally identifiable information about you, unless you knowingly provide it. Cookies can store non-personal information, such as what websites, pages, or advertisements your browser has accessed.
You generally can refuse and/or delete cookies. See your Internet browser “Help” file for instructions. Please note that some of our Site functionalities utilize cookies and might not work for you if you refuse or delete cookies.
F. Web Beacons– We also may use “web beacons” (also often called “clear GIFs”, “clear pixels”, “1×1 GIFs”, or “1×1 pixels”) which are tiny graphic image files, embedded in a web page in GIF, jpeg or HTML format, that provide a presence on the web page and send back to its home server information from your browser, such as the IP address, the URL of the page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that is accessing the site and the ID number of any cookies on your computer previously placed by that server.
We may use web beacons to collect non-personal information about your use of the Sites and the websites of selected sponsors and advertisers, and your use of special promotions or content. This information allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using the Sites and selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ sites. Our web beacons are not used to track your activity outside of the Sites or those of our sponsors. We do not link non-personal information from web beacons to personally identifiable information without your permission.
We want to make our Sites as engaging and useful as possible. Accordingly, we may use your non-personal information for market research and data analytics.
We reserve the right to use, disclose, license, assign or otherwise transfer information which is not personally identifiable information as we find appropriate.
G. “Do Not Track” Signals– We currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit the Sites or use our services, unless otherwise stated in a service-specific privacy statement.
H. Children Under 13– Arithmetic Solutions does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide your contact information or any other personally identifiable information to Arithmetic Solutions. If you are the parent or legal guardian of someone under the age of 13 who may have provided Arithmetic Solutions with information without your knowledge or consent, please contact usto have this information removed.
I. Mobile Device Information– We collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use the Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications. With your consent, we may also collect information about the location of your device and access and collect information from certain native applications on your device (such as your device’s camera, photo album and phonebook applications) to facilitate your use of certain features of the Sites. For more information about how you can control the collection of location information and/or our access to other applications on your device, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly. For example, we may collect information about you when you post content to our pages or feeds on third party social media sites, or if you use credentials (e.g., username and password) from a third party site to create or log into your account.
2. Disclosure of Information We Collect– Except as specifically set forth in this Policy, we do not share your personally identifiable information with any non-affiliated third party without your permission.
A. Corporate Family, Franchisees, and Affiliates – We may share your personally identifiable information with Arithmetic Solutions Centers, including those owned and operated by our franchisees, with our affiliates, and with our and their employees, and agents, and with certain websites that are controlled by us or by entities under common control with us, so that they and we can offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. We endeavor to restrict access to personally identifiable information to those individuals who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline if they fail to meet these obligations.
B. When You Register for a Program – If you use the Sites to create an account and/or register your student for a program, in order to verify your identity and process your registration, we may share financial information and personally identifiable information you provide with third-party payment processors and the Arithmetic Solutions Center you selected to deliver the program. Otherwise, we do not share your financial information with third parties.
C. When You and Your Student Participate in Arithmetic Solutions Online – If you are enrolled in Arithmetic Solutions Online, you will create an Online Persona for your registered student. We store and publicly display the information in your student’s “My Account” in order to provide services that we offer. When you and/or your student use Arithmetic Solutions Online, your respective Online Persona(s) will be shared with your assigned tutor and will become publicly available. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please do not include information in your student’s Online Personas that you expect to keep private.
D. Service Providers – We sometimes engage unaffiliated businesses to assist us in providing you certain services on the Site. For example, we may use third parties to provide advertising, marketing and promotional assistance, process credit card transactions, provide gamification within Arithmetic Solutions, provide email services, or facilitate our online services. In those instances, we may share your personally identifiable information with them for the purposes of their delivering services and processing payment for you in connection with your request. These businesses also may collect both personally identifiable information you provide and non-personal information about your visits to the Sites and other websites via cookies and web beacons to help them provide their services to us. The information collected by the cookies and Web beacons (including your IP address) will be disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Sites. These businesses may also aggregate your non-personal information for use in targeted advertising, marketing research, and other similar purposes. If you want to prevent a third party business from collecting and using this information, you may visit the third party advertiser’s website directly and opt-out.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that we do not own or control, including but not limited to any third party websites, services and applications (“Third Party Services”) that you elect to access through the Sites or to individuals that we do not manage or employ. While we attempt to enable access only to those Third Party Services that share our respect for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those Third Party Services. Please make sure to review the privacy policies of any Third Party Services you access.
E. Business Transactions Involving Arithmetic Solutions – Arithmetic Solutions may buy other entities or business assets, or sell all or part of our business or assets, or combine with other businesses. If so, personally identifiable information as well as and non-personal information that we have collected may be transferred as part of the transaction. We specifically reserve the right to transfer or share a copy of personally identifiable information collected from the Sites to the buyer or transferee of that portion of our business relating to that information. Should such a transaction occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the buyer or transferee to use personally identifiable information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
F. Aggregate Information – We may disclose aggregate information, such as demographic information and our statistical analyses of such demographic information, to third parties, including advertisers or other business partners. This aggregate information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
3. Security – The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your personally identifiable information. However, there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. The Personal Information we collect is stored by us or by our third-party designees within databases that we or our third-party designees control. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. For example, when our third party payment processor asks users to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) in connection with making a payment, that information is encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our or our third-party designees’ databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us or our third-party designees over the Internet or that information we share with others as permitted by this Policy will always be held secure by them.
YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ARITHMETIC SOLUTIONS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERCEPTED INFORMATION SENT VIA THE INTERNET, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE US FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF INTERCEPTED INFORMATION IN ANY UNAUTHORIZED MANNER.
4. Your Choices
To opt out of marketing communications, you may:
– use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email message; or
– email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that if you opt out of marketing communications, we may not be able to provide information and services to you.
To change or delete your personally identifiable information collected via the Sites, please:
– email your request to email@example.com
With your consent, we may collect information about your actual location when you use our mobile applications. You may stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device, but note that some features of our mobile applications may no longer function if you do so. Some features of our mobile applications may require access to certain native applications on your mobile device, such as the camera and photo storage applications (e.g., to take and upload photos) and the phonebook application (e.g., to send invitations to your contacts to visit the Sites or use our Programs). If you decide to use these features, we will ask you for your consent prior to accessing the applications and collecting information. Note that you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings on your device. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device or within our mobile applications.
You may opt out of receiving our ads as part of a customized campaign conducted on third party social media sites, such as Facebook, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For account holders only – Student pages and parent pages associated with an Account may be accessed using the valid username and password for that Account. You can generally make changes directly to these pages by logging into your Account. If you have other questions, please email your request to email@example.com.
Please allow 10 business days for the request to be processed. After receiving a request to change or delete your information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that all of your personally identifiable information stored in databases we actively use to operate the Sites will be updated, corrected, changed or deactivated, as appropriate, as soon as reasonably practicable. However, we reserve the right to retain in our archival files any information we remove from or change in our active website databases. We may retain such information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our terms and conditions of use. In addition, it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us.
Please note that some services and information may not be available to you if you do not provide personally identifiable information or if you withdraw it after you provide it.
6. Your California Privacy Rights – Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. Be sure to provide in the request sufficient information to properly identify you and/or the members of your family.
7. Implied Consent Under CASL – Persons in Canada who contact us and/or provide their telephone number or email address are providing implied consent under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) for us, our affiliate companies, and our Arithmetic Solutions franchisees to send them electronic marketing communications under CASL. See here for contact information for us, our affiliate companies, and our Arithmetic Solutions franchisees, as required under CASL. If you do not wish to give this consent under CASL, please do not provide your telephone number or email address. You may cancel this implied consent at any time by opting out as described in this Policy.
9. Changes to Policy – We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we change our Policy, we will post those changes to this Policy statement and to other places we deem appropriate so that you aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.Changes to the Policy will take effect as soon as they are posted as described above, except that, if we are going to use Personal Information in a manner materially different from the manner stated at the time we collected it, we will notify you by posting a notice on the Sites for 30 days.
10. Contact Us – If you have questions or concerns regarding our Policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or via regular mail to:
Arithmetic Solutions, LLC
Attn: Privacy Officer
3651 S. La Brea Avenue, Suite 619
Los Angeles, California 90016
11. Customer Support Department – As required under CASL, Contact Information for Arithmetic Solutions and its affiliate companies is: